Over the last 18 months or so I have been involved with establishing the 1st KOFFIA Korean Film Festival in Australia. And now its just 3 weeks away! Its been a long and busy workload but the response we have had and the general interest in the festival is very pleasing. I invite everyone to come along to Dendy Opera Quays this October long weekend, and experience Korean cinema and culture.
We will be releasing our full schedule over the next coming days, which you can see at our website http://www.koffia.com.au. The festival runs for 5 days and includes:
- 8 feature length current and classic Korean films
- 2 festival galas with canapés and drinks
- 2 culture and education programs
- 3 panel discussions / Q&A's
- YKFA Young Korean Filmmakers in Australia short film competition
- Hungry for Talk booth for people to record their thoughts on the films
- Live Music
- Dance and Martial Arts performances
- and Prizes galore!
KOFFIA is hosted by the Consulate General of the Republic of Korea and will announce the arrival of the Korean wave on the shores of Australia. In a landmark year for Australian-Korean relations, 2010 will see a commemoration of the 60th Anniversary of the Korean war, and by the end of the year the opening of the Korean Cultural Centre (think Alliance Française or the Japan Foundation) in the heart of Sydney.
It will be exciting times over the next couple of weeks as the festival fast approaches. We have some very special guests attending KOFFIA that will be a real treat. But for now, to get just a little taste of the Drama that will feature at KOFFIA, see the trailer below: